Recent Beauty Additions: Cruelty-Free


Hello Again Everyone! I'm back with another episode of ethical beauty, bringing a bit of awareness to cruelty-free brands with fantastic products. I'm all for makeup and skincare that are beautiful organisations throughout the entire process, and I don't need a M.A.C. Lipstick bad enough to justify supporting a pro-animal-testing company. So without further ado, here are a few of my new favourites!



S K I N C A R E   S A V I O R S

HERBIVORE BOTANICALS BLUE CLAY MASK
Herbivore Botanicals is a completely hitting out of the ball park with packaging - this stuff is gorgeous. A minimalist glass jar, no-nonsense typography, I love it. The product itself is also amazing, the ingredients are focussed on being anti-inflammatory and soothing hormonal skin. The powder mask - with you mix with water yourself - is packed with Rose Geranium and Cambrian Blue Clay, and can be thinned out to create a full faced mask or used as a concentrated spot treatment. I usually pick the second option, and it works a charm at fixing my skin overnight when I have a big day the next morning.

THE ORDINARY Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
Fans of cheap skin care - this brand is anything but ordinary. Their most expensive product is $30, and the serum featured here cost me $10. A combination of good ingredients, quality packaging, and a sweet price point is all I can ask for. The best part is - it works! This stuff transforms my skin, making it silky smooth all day long. If you wanna get a skin care routine going without breaking the bank this is for you.

AESOP Chamomile Concentrate Anti-Blemish Masque
This masque can conquer anything - even my post 30-hour work week + first week back at uni break down break out. Using it after a shower is so relaxing, it smells fab and feels oh so luxurious. I'm always willing to try out a (slightly expensive) product if it actually goes the distance and provides results that make my skin lovely. I constantly fall in love with Aesop products, and that's probably because I spend so much time in their lovely stores which are the best experience ever. If you have an Aesop near you, head on in to try out the testers, drink the free herbal tea, and soak up the knowledge of the wonderful Aesop Assistants.

M A K E  U P  S H A K E  U P 

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS Dip Brow Pomade
Look, my brows have been through a lot. From the 8th grade tweezer-incident to the weird brow gel I used to use I'm surprised I have any brow hairs left. That's why, on the recommendation from many of my friends with gorgeous brows, I picked up this brow pomade which is cruelty-free (yay!). I will admit that it's hard to work with at first and you do need a bit of practice. But, once you get it, your brows start looking gorgeous, and waterproof I might add. I've been using it for about three weeks and I haven't even made a dent yet, it'd be a good guess that this product is gonna last me a long time.

E x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.