Just For The Record...


Splendour in The Grass is coming up, featuring some great artists from all around the globe. This year I'm not going, but I do have a little round-up of recent records I've been loving, including San Cisco and Vera Blue who will be at Splendour (head over to their sets, if you're gonna be there!) So without further ado, here are the tracks I've been loving.


THE JUNGLE GIANTS ~ Quiet Ferocity

I had always kinda liked The Jungle Giants, but I never really, really enjoyed their music until I properly listened to this album. First of all the cover art is great and really aesthetically pleasing. The songs are all very caught-in-your-head type, and just a good album overall to play through, with really nice highs and lows. My picks are Quiet Ferocity and On Your Way Down, (honourable mention to Feel The Way I Do, though.)

SAN CISCO ~ The Water

My gorgeous friend Gen and I went to San Cisco's Brisbane gig about a month ago, and boy that band knows how to do live music. As much as I love Gracetown and The Water, the songs on those albums never compare to how well they do them in real life. Hey, Did I Do You Wrong is my favourite song on the record for sure, as well as The Distance, Kids Are Cool and SloMo. If you're at Splendour go to their set! I can promise you it'll be amazing if the shows I've been to of theirs are anything to go by.

LISA MITCHELL ~ California (Single)

I love Lisa Mitchell so much, I'd have to name her as my favourite artist I've ever listened to. She played an 18+ gig in Brisbane this year, my friend Sophie J and I genuinely considered finding fake ID's so that we could get in. California is such a wonderful song, gorgeous acoustics and beautiful lyrics, do yourself a favour and add it to a playlist.

ALI BARTER ~ A Suitable Girl

The first track I heard from A Suitable Girl was in Triple J's Hottest 100 when her song Girlie Bits made the countdown somewhere in the 50s. Her album is a gorgeous pop/alt-rock fusion, and I am definitely falling for it. You can listen to the whole album straight through, or check out some of the gems, Please Stay, The Captain, Girlie Bits and Light Them On Fire.

VERA BLUE ~ Mended (Single)

Vera Blue released an album last year, which is beautiful, and this year she has gifted the music scene with three phenomenal singles, my favourite of which is Mended. It's one of those songs you listen to on the highway late at night, the type of song that you just resonate with. She's such a strong singer, and her voice gets me every time. Her songs are so full of depth, and Mended encapsulates the beauty that every one of her songs has. Keep an eye out for her new album with comes out in about a week!

So that's all for music this week, what tracks have you been loving? Let me know your picks down below.

some posts you might like:
If It Costs You Your Peace, It's Too Expensive 
Sydney Postcard Two

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.