Tartelette in Bloom Palette



I started this whole blog-thing with a review of an eyeshadow palette, and you can see how far I've come since then, in picture quality if anything else. I just wanted to thank you all so much for your support since then, considering I've just cracked 3000 page views on this blog, and it means a lot to see this little space start to take off. Anyway, enough with the waterworks, here's how I'm feeling about a new palette I've come across.
T H E  B R A N D
Although being a tough brand to get hold of in Australia until recently, I am a huge fan of tarte and its products. I've used their foundation before, but when the Tartelette in Bloom palette came out, I couldn't wait to give it a try. The brand is cruelty free, which I think is great, and now is stocked at the Australian Sephora so it's way more accessible.
T H E  P A C K A G I N G
I am known to buy things just for the packaging, usually it is health-food-cacao-chocolate that tastes nothing like chocolate. But this packaging is a total dream for a beauty hoarder lover. It has a massive mirror that can fit your whole face in, there's a super secure snap close and it's extremely sleek and thin, overall a great one for travelling. The gold detailing and petal-inspired illustration is also lovely, and I tend to keep it out on my desk because it is just so nice to look at.
T H E  S H A D E S
There is 12 shades in the palette, and they're pretty generous pan sizes as well. The shade names are so cute, and I love the variety of matte and shimmers. I'm a big fan of 'Funny Girl' as an inner-corner highlight, and my two favourite combos are Jetsetter/Activist and Sweet Heart/Rebel/Leader. The other shades are really versatile and all of them can be used on their own as an over-the-lid shade.  Also, I love the fact there is a matte black in this palette, so useful but so hard to find.
T H E  Q U A L I T Y
Top notch. The shadows are fab and super creamy to apply, they blend like a dream and there's no pull on your eyelid when you apply them. The shimmer shades are also amazing, and there's minimal fall out when you blend (apart from Funny Girl but I just tend to press that on). They are so buttery and workable, I'd say they're even better than the Naked Palette quality. One last thing, they smell of cocoa, which isn't necessary but nonetheless pleasant.

For a second opinion, here's a lovely review from my friend Cambria: "mate froth"
Have you tried tarte? What do you think?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.