15 Favourite Feelings


Hello! I am back blogging, exam block is finally over and I've been enjoying a little bit of R&R. That's not to say I haven't been working on my blog, I've got some big things planned for the coming weeks, which will hopefully make this space a tonne nicer. Today is a little post about my 15 favourite feelings, which is an idea I first saw on Hank Green's YouTube channel, then Estee Lalonde's and Claire Marshall's. So without further ado...
I love the feeling of:

1 | Being with people who make you truly happy. I've been making a point of only hanging around those that make me feel positive and calm because who wouldn't want to surround themselves with that crowd? 
2 | Having a clean space. Oh lordy may does this make you productive. I had a complete room switch up yesterday, and also got rid of 3 bags of junk just hanging around my room. I seriously love my space now, and having it the way I want it is the best.
3 | Listening to chill music. If music doesn't instantly give you a pick me up then I don't know what will. Currently my go to music is a hip-hop/vintage jazz hybrid artist called panthurr on soundcloud. The sound and quality of the mixes is amazing and I love the Charlie Brown homage in 'woof'. 
4 | Knowing I made a difference. This is a pretty broad one, but it's a proven fact that helping other people feel better in turn helps you do the same. Whether it's helping a friend, someone on the street, or someone in a third world country, I promise you will have a little buzz of happy after it, because we really should take care of one another.
5 | Getting a compliment I've never gotten before. This is the nicest thing ever, alright? A little while back, someone told me that I was a lovely person who had so much to offer the world, and it completely changed my day and made me feel amazing and that I do have stuff to offer the world. Also if you told me that and you're reading this, thank you so, so much.
6 | Seeing something beautiful and inspiring. A beach view, a play/musical, it just makes you feel absolutely amazing.


7 | Getting a grasp on a new skill. I've been taking two tap classes a week so I get up to scratch for university auditions and I must say I get the best thrill out of getting a combo right for the first time (Anything Goes is a very hard song to sing and dance to), but I've been loving every minute.
8 | Encapsulating your thoughts on paper. Kind of like this, actually. Writing what is going on up in your head accurately is wonderful, because there's so much going on up there that getting it out is extremely satisfying.
9 | Making a perfect cuppa. I just had to include this one, I'm sure you all know this by now so I'll keep it short; it is the best.
10 | Being in awe of those who inspire you. I think the people you look up to in your life are the people you can grow to be like. So whenever I see a play or a musical (This happened in Les Mis six or seven times), or watch one of my amazingly talented friends at a recital/open mic night, I feel so compelled to go out there, do the same and become more than I bargained for like they did. 
11 | Waking up early. There's something about getting up, and getting stuff done when you don't have to that feels wonderful. A bit of productivity is in the morning just sets you up for the day, and keeps you motivated for the rest of it.
12 | Doing something really good for your skin. Face masks, double cleansing, using lots of moisturiser. Getting soft and glowing skin is great, and I may or may not have a face mask on now. Also, water. Drink a tonne of water.
13 | Bouncing back from a disappointment. The first part of this feeling is absolutely terrible, but once you get on track from an  uncomfortable situation it is great. I think it may be because you've had a learning curve, your perspective has changed, and you're a better person because of it.
14 | Anything with the sound of the rain. Rain is so relaxing, and it just makes me feel calm, and introspective if that makes sense.
15 | Being content. Quietly happy with yourself. This is the hardest to explain, but hopefully you know what I mean.


What are three of your favourite feelings? x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.