All-Round Good Stuff Juice


Let's get one thing clear. I am not good with the whole 'making-food-for-yourself' thing. I can make a mean cup of tea, a handful of family recipes and slightly gourmet pizza, all comfort food stuff. Other than that I am in out of my depth. But seeing as I am planning on moving out for university next year and I have to keep myself healthy on my own for three years and then off into the rest of my life I need to get a grip on my kitchen skills. So, I decided to start small and make a drink full of simple, superfood ingredients.

This juice has 3 ingredients and they're pretty accessible, no fancy things like starfruit or anything like that. All up we have Coconut Water, Pineapple and Red Grapefruit. Coconut Water is pretty much healthy Gatorade, it's full of electrolytes and aids in digestion and boosting your metabolism, as well as brightening up your complexion. Pineapple is anti-inflammatory, so if you have any redness or blotchiness then this is for you. Red Grapefruit is also super good for your metabolism and really helps strengthen your immune system, which is awesome this time of year with everyone getting sick and all.

Edit: I just realised the ingredients end up spelling CPR (which is fitting because it's like a restart button for your bod)

1 Serving:

      Coconut Water - 1.5 cups
      Pineapple - 1/4
      Red Grapefruit - 1

Basically, combine in a blender and pour into a glass. You can decide whether or not to keep the pulp in, each to their own. Woohoo, Pete Evans please hire me as a recipe creator because I am such a health foodie.

In all seriousness, I was pretty proud of myself because I actually really enjoyed the juice and all the healthy stuff in it. The flavour is quite bitter, but I love that so overall super stoked with how it went, even though I could have just bought a boost juice. Oh well.






Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.