Colourpop Lippie Stix: Cruelty Free Brands


So one of my New Years' resolutions was to commit to only purchasing cruelty free products. I hadn't bought much from companies that test on animals, but now I am actively using beauty companies that are proud of their cruelty free status. A few weeks ago, my order from Colourpop dropped on my doorstep, and so far I've been loving them.
I ordered 5 Lippie Stix, their original makeup product, and by far their most well known. They retail for $5 USD, which is super cheap, even after you factor in the cost of conversion to AUD and shipping, (they still cost less than a Rimmel Lipstick). There's a plethora of 50 Lippie Stix Shades, and I think I picked a good variety out of the shades avaliable.


Onto the shades, L-R in the photo below.

Creature: This is a super, super dark berry shade. I love the colour because it is so bold, but it is quite me in the sense that it suits my skin tone. The lippie is really pigmented, which is both a blessing and a curse, because it's very hard to apply. I've been resorting to a brush to put this one on, because it's a bit messy if you stuff up from the bullet. I quite like it for night time. 3.7/5

Bound: This a glossy, nude-pinky shade. I find it has a lot of wearability in my life, because it isn't an in your face pink, and also it's not matte. I don't have much to say on this one other than I wear it a lot and I really like it. 4/5.

Lumiere: Of all the Colourpop lipsticks, you're most likely to know Lumiere. It was created by KathleenLights, and it's a versatile mauve colour. It's meant to look good on everyone, and I certainly think it would suit a lot of skin tones. Overall this one is pretty great, easy application and good colour payoff. 4.2/5.

I Heart This: The name says it all. I was touch and go at the checkout but this is a stunner in person. A blue-ish pink/red hybrid, it just clicks with me. It might not be for everyone, but I will be reaching for this an awful lot in the cooler months. (Out of all the Lippie Stix I have, this is the one I would buy again). 4.5/5.

Skimpy: This is an extremely pale shade, and definitely wont work with everyone. It has peachy undertones, which I don't mind, but in a way it's just as hard to get right as a dark lip. Pretty good nude, but next time I'll go something deeper. Good for a natural makeup day, or work. 3/5.


To sum it up, ColourPop is pretty great. Affordable, High-Quality, Cruelty Free products are hard to come by these days, and this brand pretty much hit the nail on the head. Once the dollar gets better I'll be making another order, and the items on my wishlist are the Highlighters, Brow Products and the following Lippie Stix: Frida, Julep, Topanga, Toucan, Frenchie, LBB, Brink, Juice Bar and Tiger (Check out This Post for some of those swatches)

What's your favourite Cruelty Free Brand?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.