Dear January


If I was gonna pick a word for January, it would be 'fresh', for multiple reasons. Let's get talking.

Dear January,

you were so new and different to any other beginnings I've had before. We welcomed you in by dancing on the lawn to Dexy's Midnight Runners with sparklers, and I couldn't imagine the year starting any better way. After the festivities died down, the year actually started, and there were a lot of new and exciting things that this month would dish out.

I worked 20-30 hours a week in January, which is more than I ever have in my life. Working in retail, you have to be smiley and on your A-game for 5+ hours which was a super-new experience. That being said, I have loved being at work, and I'll miss the hustle of shopping centre life.

The next big thing is that year 12 is happening. I really can't comprehend how I got to this point because of how quick its gone, and the countdown to the day we graduate is getting smaller much more quickly than I'd like. The year is gonna go fast, and I'll have to enjoy it while I can... and get the grades I need for that OP 3, ahhhhh.

I actually caught up with friends a lot, both old and new, and it was really refreshing to enjoy a more busy social life than I get over those ten months of school. We saw shows, got coffee, talked about both important life stuff and the things we saw on facebook and had a good laugh.

Everything about January was a new experience and was a fresh start for the year and school and myself personally, and I have a feeling I'm on the right track for the year. To the past 31 days, thank you!

The Best Parts of Jan
+ Moving into our new place
+ Having my cousins come home from their six month holiday
+ Seeing Heathers with my gal pals
+ Getting my braces off!
+ Watching some amazing films (Suffragette was my favourite)
+ Having a little chat with Estee Lalonde on Twitter



What was your month like?

E

2 comments

  1. This is such a sweet idea for a post and I loved reading about all of the happiness and positivity that January bought you! Cherish the time that you have left of year 12 because, you're totally right, it goes way too quickly.

    Bethany | Curly and Wordy

    p.s I'm totally jealous of your chat with Estee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I'm on a roll and the rest of the year will follow suit! Thanks Bethany xx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.