Craft for the Soul: Just Read 01


This year I want to read more, and also vary what I read. I usually found myself reading the same novels over and over but 2016 is the Year of Non-Fiction (in my eyes). I found this book by Pip Lincolne, blogger over at Meet me at Mikes and it perfectly combines creativity and life advice.
On the back, the book describes itself as a 'clever, cute step-by-step guide will show you practical ways to get the most out of your creativity and live the life you want,' which sounds good to me. The book has chapters on waking up and improving, having nice times, and why creativity is so important in life. In between there's activities about defining yourself, an interview with old people about what makes them happy, and a ton of recipes I want to try. Craft for The Soul is littered with cute watercolour illustrations that make the book uber aesthetically pleasing both to leave closed or open on your desk.


I love this book. I found it really spoke to me and figured a few things out about how I can incorporate being creative in my everyday life. As someone who is a creative by personality, I was worried about whether I was gonna stay creative when I go off to uni to study Psychology (that's the plan at the time of writing anyway). The book showed me that you can be creative in your music choices, your style, how you spend your free time, your photography or art or writing or even blogging and that's very comforting to know.

 I would say this is a must read for anyone who wants to work creativity into their life so they can live and breathe the innovative and artistic life. It's available on line at the book depository.

Have you read any books like this? Comment them so I can keep reading xx


2 comments

  1. This books looks amazing, why must you make me want to spend more of my student loan?! haha! I've not personally read it, but I've heard a couple of people recommend "show your work" by Austin Kleon. Apparently it really gets you buzzing to create and share your creativity, so I definitely want to give it a read at some point.

    By the way, your photographs are just beautiful!

    Bethany | Curly and Wordy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That books sounds awesome! Books about creativity have been my go-to at the moment, so 'Show your Work' is heading to the top of the list. haha Thank you, I've just gotten an entry level DSLR so I'm getting to grips with it all. xx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.