Long Time, No See


Heya, It's been a long, long while. My last post was on the 10th of March. The 10th of March, what have I been up to in all that time? Well, I've been adjusting to the life of a uni student, been working a lot and catching up with friends. I've learnt more economic theories than I thought my brain could handle, and I've been filling up notebook after notebook with creative writing/poetry ideas. With all that going down, I sort of got swept away from Heya Emily for a bit.
I think it's important to take time for yourself. What I've missed in blogging, I've made up for in re-immersing myself into listening and appreciating new music. I've been strengthening relationships with the close people in my life instead of photographing pictures for a post. I have been living life with less deadlines and more free time to do other things. I've just taken some me-time, and it was good and relaxing for a while.

But that got a little bit boring.

I am still absolutely loving getting to be a part of the uni lifestyle, exploring music and film and enjoying time with my friends, but the free time is still there and it's gathering dust (aka being wasted binge-watching tv shows). I want to be using that time to be taking pictures and being more creative with my site and digging a little bit deeper than my old content. I have the time to become a better writer and photographer and storyteller and you bet that I'm going to take up the opportunity. 

So, time to announce some changes to this platform. 

Firstly, I want to branch out into more personal posts.
In a way this space is like a diary for me, and I want to post the things that interest me everyday. Whether that is tips for uni or travel talk or just pictures of a cute place around the I went to, those are topics that I absolutely love writing about and encapsulate who I am more so than some sort of list-article. Also, MENTAL HEALTH AND WELLBEING IS BACK AND HERE TO STAY! Advocating for a healthy, happy mind and body is something that I value so much, and I'm going to share my advice and experiences about how to make your life feel more fulfilled. That being said, there will still be the occasional beauty or DIY post, don't worry.

Secondly, I want to cultivate my creativity on this platform.
I am a wildly creative person. If someone asked me to make a business card I would have to write Emily : Full-Time Creative, cliché as that may sound. I would love this space to include the multitude of photographs stored on my hard-drive, or maybe uploading films/songs I've been fiddling around with. Primarily, however, I am a writer. I love writing, and I have a lot of work I'd love to share with you guys and see what you think. If you're interested in more content of that style, let me know!

Thank you for putting up with my sporadic break from this space, I feel really invigorated to make this blog the best I can make it, so watch this space and I'll see you all soon! E.



5 comments

  1. Wow I need to lift my grid board game! I totally get what you mean though. I find forcing inspiration to blog just doesn't work. Quality over quantity right?

    Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got the grid board the other day and I love it!! So chic but so simple. I agree about inspiration, quality is key. E x

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see what new content you produce! I've recently gained more motivation for working on my blog and focusing on what is most important to me. It's a great feeling!

    cait / cait rammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Best of luck with your blog too!! E x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.