The Edit : 01


Heya kids! After a full on week of uni and being out of home and catching up with friends and moving into autumn, I'm back on the blog; overwhelmed doesn't cover the half of it. For being barely three months in, a whole lot has happened, so I thought I'd write about a few things I'm loving right now.

M U S I C  +  F I L M

Music Picks recently have been Dean Lewis - Waves (Listen to the Acoustic), Sarah Close - Call Me Out and Henry Green's EP - Real. All three have some really honest songwriting that I love, and they're such a good addition to a chill out playlist.

So, the Oscars were a bomb-out, but I think we all know that. All the best supporting/actors were fantastic - although I would have liked to see Denzel or Andrew take out best actor. I'm so excited to see Moonlight sometime soon, I'm sure it's phenomenal considering how fantastic it's competitors were (La La Land, Lion and Hidden Figures - I'm looking at you)

Is anyone watching Riverdale on Netflix at the moment? My friends - thanks gals !! - got me into it, and so far I've been really getting into it! I mean, Cole Sprouse has a lot to do with why I like it so much (his character is my favourite by a mile) but the plot has been so complex and it keeps you on the edge of your seat they whole episode. Definitely give the pilot a try if you haven't seen it yet!

E T H I C A L  B E A U T Y

Since the start of this blog, I've always had a pact that I wouldn't ever feature any beauty product that was tested on animals either in Australia or for Chinese Testing Laws. There's plenty of fantastic big-brands that don't text on animals - tarte - too faced - nars, and even smaller boutique brands - glossier - colour pop - makeup geek - and they're just as good as the MAC and Clinique counterparts. I recently watched this great 'grwm' by La Madelynn and it got me thinking ; would you guys be interested in a makeup feature on cruelty free beauty + skincare? Let me know, because I have some ideas brewing.

U N I V E R S I T Y

Uni has been interesting, to say the least. I've been loving my writing courses, even after two weeks I've been noticing small quirks in my writing that have been illuminated through the classes. Business has also been enlightening, I never thought I'd say that I enjoyed economic theory but here we are. I my management and economic classes come later in the week, so I still have those to go. So far so good, I love the campuses, it's fantastic to have such like-minded people all in one place.


C O F F E E  +  T E A  +  C H A I

Even though we aren't too far into assessment, I underestimated how much reading we'd have week to week, so tea, coffee & chai have been the go to for getting my management chapters out of the way. Also with so many people to catch up with in brisbane, going for coffee is always a good idea. If you're at QUT GP,  The Pantry makes the best flat white, otherwise head for anywhere that serves Toby's Estate, (the one on Albert street is mint)

What have you been loving lately? x

4 comments

  1. University life has been interesting for me too. I'm currently finishing a year and a half of my Bachelor's degree and I couldn't wait until I'm done with it. It really is tiring x

    Erin x | www.erinazmir.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.