Small-Scale Beauty

I think it's safe to say that no one likes going into Mecca/Sephora/whatever-cosmetic-store-you-go-to and buying a product - and it's terrible. I also think it's safe to say that everyone likes getting free stuff. Combine the two and there you go, free beauty samples were born. I love free samples/minis, especially as someone who is allergic to a tonne of ingredients in skincare. They're actually not too hard to come by, so if you're wanting to find out how to get ahold of them I can help out.

I've had samples from brands like Amika, Too Faced, Aesop, Kate Sommerville and even By Terry, which is a great way to test out a brand that's from a luxe price range. Lets get cracking!

1 + With Other Purchases
Most places, if you buy online will let you pick up some luxe samples along with your purchases. Capitalise on this and always pick them up if you can. With skincare it's usually pretty generous sizing, and super worth it if you can get ahold of a brand like Sunday Riley. I definitely know

If you're a bit of an aficionado like me, jump onto beauty-store-loyalty-programs. Mecca has a great one that sends out a quarterly sample box, I got my first one this month and I'm in love!! Great way to get payback for spending so much money on makeup (@mybankaccount I promise I'm sorry).

2 + Look Out For Promo Days
Often when a store opens there's quite a few promotions going on in-store, and the same goes when a new brand launches. If there's a new store launch in your area, go along! You never know what you might end up with, and store openings are always fun regardless!

Beauty fairs and conventions are also a fantastic way to snap up samples. Conventions like IMATS usually only come to Sydney, but if you're lucky enough to be in the right area definitely go along.

3 + Just Ask
This is the easiest way to get ahold of some samples, at least in my option. The Aesop store is fantastic at this, they'll do a skin assessment and set you up with about a week worth of product to make sure the skincare routine works for you. Personally, this makes me much more inclined to try out products from their brand because I know that when I buy a product it's definitely the one that I want.

Most big beauty stores will also hand out samples of liquid products if you ask. A shop assistants willingness will vary store to store, but for the most part asking nicely will get you a little pot of foundation or cleanser. I also know Mecca will shade match for you and patch test foundation on your skin to make sure you've got the right colour. Sometimes it is daunting asking for help in those big stores, but in the long run I'd rather ask a question over buying something I never end up using. You never know, you might find your next 'holy-grail' item.

See you next week, E x

1 comment

  1. when did u get the chocolate soleil thing omg !! what do you think of it

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.