August Tracks

Note: This playlist has been my go to songs, in conjunction with the entire Matt Corby album, which I am loving. I just ran out of space to fit it in the image. Note ended.

August is slipping away much faster than I expected it to. Music has been a total godsend this month, chucking in some earphones is exactly what I've needed during the past few weeks. This is all very vague, but then again this month has not been the most crystal clear. Anyway, onto the music.

My taste this month has not been my usual picks, and this month has included lots of rock and alternative/electronic. It's Nice To Be Alive is my stock-standard song to lift my mood, and Pacheco is my go to if I need to unwind and take a minute.

High Enough To Carry You Over and Love Again are upbeat and songs I'd never heard before the start of this month, but they're growing on me each time I listen to them. Rum Rage, Bridges, and Drive are repeat offenders in my playlist, but they're just such good songs to have as essential playlist fillers.

I saw Troye Sivan with my friend Soph at the river stage, and I can wholeheartedly say he's got some of the best performing skills out of any artists I've seen live. He played all the best songs, and it helped that we were 3 rows away from the barrier. Suburbia is one of my favourites, and it deserved the nomination. Flume's album came out a little while ago and 3 has been my top pick so far, although I'm still working my way through the tracks.

Top song of the month has been Jasmine by Jai Paul. One of the best moments in life is hearing something jaw-droppingly different and gorgeous. It's experimental and questionable and gorgeous, and I'm looking out for any more music up his sleeve. Give this song a listen, it's one of the best slow-jams I've heard in a long while.

Let me know what songs are on your radar, I'd love to check them out x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.