A Face of First Impressions: Cruelty Free


I'm trying something a little different. One of the tasks from the minimalist challenge was to go through and evaluate your possessions. For the past two months, I've been committing to purchase cruelty-free makeup because I am not willing to harm animals for the sake of my lip colour.

*Note: some of the brands I own have parent companies that are not cruelty-free, but I do not support any brands that sell in China or anywhere with mandatory testing*

Okay, so my most recent additions are the Too Faced Sweethearts Blush in Baby Love (In-depth review here!), the Kat Von D Lock it Foundation and It Cosmetic's Reviver Lipstick in Rose Flush. This trio is fairly new to the collection, and I've got my first impressions together for you guys.

For foundations, I'm a full coverage kind of gal because otherwise I just won't bother putting it on. I am in a lot of plays and shows, and it's good to have something I can build coverage with on and offstage. The KVD caught my eye with its sleek packaging and beige undertones, and I thought it was the perfect replacement for my Tarte full coverage foundation. So far (2-3 uses) I've been impressed, the foundation blends seamlessly into my skin and the colour match means that I never have to worry about blending lines. In terms of wear time, I wouldn't know because I haven't worn it for 7+ hours, but I promise to get back to you once I post a full look wearing it.

Okay onto the lips, I am on the search for the perfect nude-pink lipstick, cruelty-free of course. It Cosmetics has been on my radar for such a long while, so I snapped it up when it launched on Sephora. The shade I have is Rose Flush, and the consistency is so so nice, think of a very lightweight luxurious balm. I find that the colour adapts as you wear it, but it settles as a cool quince-y colour on me, and it's perfecto for the every day. I haven't worn it much because I'm at school 24/7, however, I am keen to crack it out during the holidays!

A review of the Too Faced Blusher has already been posted, you can click here to jump over!

So that's all folks. I hope you liked my little first impressions. Exam Block starts Wednesday, super close (eek) and after that, I can dive into more blog posts to share, hopefully getting my creative drive going again. xx





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.