Finding Inspiration


I've been in a bit of a slump, inspiration-wise. Considering it took me about a week to write this post it's definitely getting out of control. But today I wanted to talk about getting inspired, mostly creatively, and the best places to find it. Let's get crackin'.

First things first, think about what area you're lacking inspiration in. Is is an art project, your own blog, a short film you want to make, even the makeup you wear. Check and see whether your motivation levels are down in anything you usually love, and if they are then you need to get it back by finding inspiration. I struggle with this the most because I tend to see things that inspire me but then I forget them and I'm back to square one.

So things I needed inspiration for are makeup looks (my formal is coming up) and music/poetry because I'm having major writer's block. So my first go to is Pinterest, which I've been loving lately. I have a few boards for all the things I need a bit of inspiration, and it's so satisfying to have it all in one place. This works on Tumblr too, but I have no clue how to work that site haha it's all so confusing.

Next, go find people who are doing what you're doing and let them influence you. Obviously don't copy their work, but I find it so great seeing people 'living the dream' and wanting to get to where they are right now. So at the moment, I'm loving Savannah Brown and Madisen Kuhn for poetry, Hayley Blais for original songs and MakeupThang on Instagram for beauty looks.

And the last thing - I know it's cliche - but take inspiration from whatever's around you. My camera roll has so many photos of the beach and the sky and the road on car trips because sometimes a picture can give you the words you were looking for. Give it a go, I promise you it'll work.

I hope this helps with getting your inspiration back. What are your tips for being inspired?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.