A Week Of Albums


So I tried to listen to a new album every day for a week, key word tried. I missed Monday, but I did get through some great tracks, and if you're into eclectic, easy listening, indie-pop, this is the playlist for you.
Note: I love a wide variety of music, but this week it ended up being super specific and I really liked it! Everyone needs to listen to a super similar bunch of records for a week or maybe even a month, I think the thematic-ness of it completely changes the way you look at things.

Tuesday + Wednesday

Holy Holy - When The Storms Would Come
Overall Thoughts: Way too good to be a debut album, so refined, fresh and honest. Best aussie album in a long while.
Favourite Tracks: Sentimental and Monday, You Cannot Call For Love Like A Dog, History

Ziggy Alberts - Made of Water
Overall Thoughts: Beautiful acoustic tunes, I love this EP, and I'll have to check out his later stuff.
Favourite Tracks: Sleep Well, Time Alone, Simple Things

Thursday + Friday

Porches - Pool
Overall Thoughts: You want easy listening, you got it. It's so cohesive, I'd recommend listening the whole album through, rather than listening to separate tracks.
Favourite Tracks: Glow

The 1975 - I like it when you Sleep, For you are so Beautiful yet so Unaware of it
Overall Thoughts: I don't know, boy bands don't usually appeal to me but I've found myself listening to this album a whole lot. It's "soundtrack-to-those indie-movies-you can-only-watch-on-vimeo" material.
Favourite Tracks: Ugh!, I like it when you Sleep, For you are so Beautiful yet so Unaware of it, Paris

Saturday + Sunday

Miami Horrors - All Possible Futures
Overall Thoughts: yep. yep. yep. It's upbeat yet relaxed, all I have to say is that it's good.
Favourite Tracks: Cellophane, Real Slow, All it Ever Was

Lapsley - Long Way Home
Overall Thoughts: It's so well written, the music is so honest, and the mix of vocals, piano and electronic synths is perfect.
Favourite Tracks: Station, Operator (He doesn't call me)

So, that was my week in albums! Hope you enjoyed them, let me know what you think if you go check them out. Also, what have you been listening to lately?


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.