Life Lately


University is over for another five weeks. I counted it up and with 28 assessment pieces in 14 weeks, being relieved is a complete understatement. I'm stoked that the semester is over and I'm ready to actually spend some time enjoying the break because quite frankly the job/eat/sleep/university cycle has got me burnt out. It's been a while since I posted on this space so I thought I'd run you through what's been happening these last few weeks.

First off: holy hell have I been busy. Two degrees + two jobs + social life + sorting out getting my diving licence = me being uber stressed, but the fact I have five weeks uni-free is so relaxing! It also explains my serious lack of posting (sorrry). All my exams were in the first half of exam block, which was super lucky. If you're still doing exams I'm sending you all the mental energy I have left, I'm sure you'll all do great and get the marks you're after.

I've been having a great year, through all of the business. I have seen my lovely, gorgeous friends performing in shows, went to see San Cisco, written some (what-I-believe-to-be) great fiction, and have met some fantastic people at my first uni semester. The people I've surrounded myself with this last six months have been the most incredible people I've ever met and to you wonderful souls I say thank you for being there for me and making my year so much better because you've been a part of my life. + not gonna lie almost started crying, I genuinely love you guys so much, you're all the absolute best +

It's halfway through the year, and I had a look at my new year's resolutions. Not very complete thus far. I ended up taking a more personal realisation route; I've been really working on myself and making sure I'm in a good mental place and feeling content within myself. My other official resolutions, trying new art mediums and travelling, have not come to fruition thus far. But that's about to change!

I'm going to Sydney at the end of June for a week, and in November/ December, I'll be jet setting off to Melbourne for my 18th birthday! I'm extremely excited to see a few new cities and have some plans (and plane tickets!) set in stone. I'll make sure to document them accordingly on this space, so watch out for those. My other resolution is going to be a little bit better in the second half of the year also, a couple of personal artistic projects are planned for the next few months.

The final thing that's been happening is living out of home for the first time. It's been a learning curve but I love living in a city (even though brissy is only like a semi-city). I think that this year was the best possible time to start living independently, and learning to rely on yourself is one of the most valuable things I've ever done.

So, yeah. That's what's been happening the last few weeks, and I'll see you all around this space soon.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.