Two Thousand and Seventeen: I'm Feeling Good

Out with the old and in with the new, I suppose. The year has only just begun and life in the new year is sorting itself out pretty quick. I love the New Year more than any other holiday, fresh starts are so full of potential and are perfect to push for your goals to become a reality (as clichè as it sounds). 2016 has been a wonderful year, full of ups and downs and everything in between, here's my personal outlook on the next trip around the sun.

I T ' S  G O N N A  B E  B I G
Within the first two months of next year, I will have left home, left my first job, and moved to a bigger city to start university. Far out, the change of scenery will be both refreshing and daunting but I have to welcome both sides equally. I'm studying a double degree of Business/Fine Arts, so the work load is big, the uni lifestyle is big, and I have big plans for this online space too. Basically, I'm cramming my schedule as much as I can (woo new year new way-busier me?)

R E S O L U T I O N S
So my resolutions are more specific this year, and really I'm sticking with things that are going to make me a happier, better, more vibrant person in the long run.

+ TRY NEW ART MEDIUMS
I think especially when you're young, your art really evolves as you do, and it doesn't necessarily have to stay in the same niche of art. This year I want to develop my writing, work through music and try different visual art styles as well. I'll just grow where I'm planted and try my best to find what I'm happy with.

+ START THE MARI KONDO SPARK JOY METHOD
I'm really quite an untidy person, I'll be honest. I'm bad at the putting-clothes-not-on-the-floor, and extremely good at the moving-all-of-my-stuff-out-of-my-blogpost-pictures. But I think the fact that I'm moving out and becoming an adult of sorts means I also need to get in the ball game of tidying up my act. So I'm adopting the Mari Kondo method of only keeping the things that spark joy in my life. This resolution could go really well or horrendously, we'll see what happens.

+ GO MORE PLACES
Last year I didn't go a lot of places, on account of finishing year 12 and other commitments. However, this year I have more time, so I can go on more trips and see how it goes, I don't know about overseas (although if people can organise it hmu), but I'd love to go to the Great Barrier Reef, Byron Bay, Tasmania, Melbourne and The Great Ocean Road (which if I can get to all of them will be fantastic). I also want to go to more events, festivals, films, parties, museums, concerts and the like. 


M Y  P E R S P E C T I V E
The start of a new year is different for everyone, especially for people making big changes. I am so grateful for all of the opportunities that have come my way and the ones that are lined up for me in the near future. My friends have been completely amazing and supportive and wonderful, and I could not have such a positive outlook on the new year without them. And thank you so much everyone for building this community, there's 165-ish of us now, and really that is mind blowing to me. I have more ideas for content than ever, and with your support everything Heya Emily is full steam ahead! Thank you everyone for a fantastic year and here's to another spectacular one. xx

2 comments

  1. Your 2017 sounds like it's going to be amazing! You have so much to look forward to. The resolutions are also wonderful - I love the idea of using the spark joy method!

    Curly and Wordy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hopefully my year turns out the way I want it to. I hope your year is wonderful and full of joy as well. xx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.