Thoughtful Gifts for Last Minute Pressie Buyers

 
So, I've been busy. It's Christmas season, my work schedule ramps up this time of year and truth be told, I'm just a serial-last-minute-shopper. But, with years of time-poor shopping experience up my sleeve, I also have the perfect go-to list of gorgeous pressies you can get without ordering online or hitting the massive department stores.

(also! Can we acknowledge that today is Gravy Day aka the day mentioned in Paul Kelly's Christmas Anthem 'How to Make Gravy'... Love, love, love it!)


W E A R  I T : e a r r i n g s 

Wearable gifts are the best, especially if you have the same sort of style as the person you're buying for. For accessories, look around for neutral colours, black / white / silver / gold / copper are super versatile colours that will work perfectly with any outfit your recipient tries to pair with them. These lovely white & silver tassel earrings are so perfect for Christmas Parties and upcoming summer events, and they were actually hand made my a friend of mine (so talented)!

O  C H R I S T M A S  T R E E : o r n a m e n t 

Even if you only gift this on Christmas day, ornaments are still such a wonderful little gift! The person you gift it to will get it out every year, hang it on their tree and remind them that you were thinking of them. A little pretty decoration is thoughtful and lovely, also if you get one that isn't too Christmassy, it can become a piece of decor to hang up on a mood board all year round. This late in the game, they tend to be on special as well.


F O R  T H E  H O M E : s c e n t e d  c a n d l e 

Candles are always a welcome gift in my household, lighting to me is the one decoration element that transforms the mood of a room. Having the flickering glow of a candle is so calming, it's the best thing to help wind down after a long day at work / school / uni. This is an Australian brand soy candle from We Are Posie, and the scent of this blew me away at the store, holy it is incredible. Also, candles are 100% not just for girls. Get your pals candles, uncles, significant others, everyone loves 'em.

L U X E  L I F E : f a n c y  l i p  b a l m

If you know someone who religiously uses a certain product, hand cream, cuticle oil, lip balm etc, consider getting them a luxe version of their go-to beauty item. It's so nice to have something beautiful and high-quality in your everyday life, especially if the giftee wouldn't buy it for themselves normally. Things like swapping their Carmex out for a fan-cay lip treatment can really brighten up a part of someone's daily ritual.


F O R  T H E  F O O D I E : g o u r m e t  c h o c o l a t e

I mean, so I have to say more. Gourmet food is the best present ever. This also applies to nice wine, cheese, coffee, desserts and all that fun stuff too. If you're lucky they might share it, so in a way, it's a gift for you too.

C A L M  I T  D O W N : w e l l n e s s  s o a k

This is a proper full-blown 'me time' present. If you're shopping for someone who's had a really full-on year, it can be nice to get them something that makes them step away from work and take some time to focus on themselves. They'll thank you later. P.S. if you're considering beautiful bath products as a present, just make sure they aren't a shower person.

E X P E R I E N C E  I T : n o n - p h y s i c a l  g i f t s

The previous gifts are lovely tangible things, but giving doesn't end with things you can hold in your hand. Just as lovely are things such as :

+ Concert Tickets
+ Music Streaming Subscriptions
+ Ballet Barre Classes 
+ Workshops (Organisation, Terrariums, Jewellery - the list goes on!)
+ Charity Gifts - donating food / aid / clean water to a developing country in crisis
+ A nice brunch or dinner date

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday period and that you get to spend it with the most special people in your life. See you soon. 
E x 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.