Keeping Your Skin Protected



When I think skincare, I think serums, cleansers, scrubs and moisturisers, and although I keep them in my routine there're a few items that fly under the radar even though they are more important. Lip Balm and Sunscreen are fab products that I personally think are better for your skin than any mask or toner but tend to be underused (or under talked about in the blogging community). Today I'm rounding up which of these I use on the daily + the cruelty-free options.

Note: Basic skin care is important, and not just fancy creams. When you're young your skin is at its peak, so starting to defend it and keep it looking great while it's great is a big priority for me. Although the products in this post are wonderful at treating topical problems, a balanced diet and good water intake is also essential to having nice skin. As a young person dealing with skin that hasn't always been a walk in the park, my advice is they you've gotta work outside in. This is long-winded but it's just a reminder that skincare and health go hand in hand.

L I P  B A L M

So I'm pretty sure almost everyone has lip balm of some kind, chapstick or lip treatments, or Body Shop lip pots if you're looking for some nostalgia. Surprisingly, some lip balms do more harm than good because they contain glycerin which dries out your lips. An all natural choice is the best option, so go for something made of the good stuff (nice organic oils) that are hydrating and good for your skin. Lip Balms are lovely for healing your lips if they're cracked or dry as well as further protecting them, and if you wear lipstick it helps out with a smoother application.

I have the Grown Alchemist Vanilla & Watermelon Lip Balm to keep chapped-ness at bay.

S U N  S C R E E N

Sunscreen is something I can't talk about enough, and not just because I live in one of the sunniest places on the planet. If you go outside, sunny or not, you need sunscreen. Other than preventing being burnt up and having a bright red face, facial sunscreen will reduce the chance of developing skin cancer, prevent ageing and stop UV damage. Pretty good incentives, hey? If there's one skincare product I'm going to advocate for its sunscreen, and to me avoiding skin cancers and other sunburn related problems is prodigiously important. I'm yet to pick up a good cruelty-free body sunscreen, so I only have one for face right now but it's pretty damn good.

Trust me, one bright red back after a day at Noosa was enough to convert me into the 'slip, slop, slap' campaign's mascot.

I have the Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face SPF 50+ Sunscreen to stop my face from burning up.

Hope you enjoyed today's post, let me know what you think and feel free to leave a comment about your skincare essentials x

6 comments

  1. I've been wanting to try Grown Alchemist for ages now! Do you recommend anything else of theirs? That lip balm is going on my wish list for sure!

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I recommend buying the Grown Alchemist Amenities Kit, you get a day cream, and cream and a full sized lip balm, and you really get to try out the range x

      Delete
  2. PHCSS provides comprehensive MIPS reporting services to healthcare providers, ensuring accurate data submission and maximizing performance scores. Our tailored solutions streamline reporting processes, helping practices achieve compliance and improve patient outcomes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "SEM Construction Services offers top-quality Home Insulation solutions. Enhance your home's energy efficiency and comfort with our expert insulation services. Contact us today for a consultation!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Looking for reliable cross country moving companies? TransAtlas Moving Services is your trusted partner for seamless long-distance moves. With our expertise and dedication, we ensure a stress-free relocation experience. Contact us today for a smooth and efficient move!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEDIS (Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set) measures are a standardized set of performance indicators used to evaluate the quality of healthcare delivery. Developed by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), HEDIS measures encompass various aspects of healthcare, including preventive care, chronic disease management, healthcare utilization, patient satisfaction, and healthcare outcomes. These measures provide valuable insights into the effectiveness, efficiency, and patient-centeredness of healthcare services, facilitating quality improvement initiatives and ultimately leading to better patient outcomes and population health.
    hedis measure

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Heya Emily. Design by Fearne.